- Ctrl+1-8 – Switch to the specified tab, counting from the left.
- Ctrl+9 – Switch to the last tab.
- Ctrl+Tab – Switch to the next tab – in other words, the tab on the right. (Ctrl+Page Up also works, but not in Internet Explorer.)
- Ctrl+Shift+Tab – Switch to the previous tab – in other words, the tab on the left. (Ctrl+Page Down also works, but not in Internet Explorer.)
- Ctrl+W, Ctrl+F4 – Close the current tab.
- Ctrl+Shift+T – Reopen the last closed tab.
- Ctrl+T – Open a new tab.
- Ctrl+N – Open a new browser window.
- Alt+F4 – Close the current window. (Works in all applications.)
Mouse Actions for Tabs
- Middle Click a Tab – Close the tab.
- Ctrl+Left Click, Middle Click – Open a link in a background tab.
- Shift+Left Click – Open a link in a new browser window.
- Ctrl+Shift+Left Click – Open a link in a foreground tab.
- Alt+Left Arrow, Backspace – Back.
- Alt+Right Arrow, Shift+Backspace – Forward.
- F5 – Reload.
- Ctrl+F5 – Reload and skip the cache, re-downloading the entire website.
- Escape – Stop.
- Alt+Home – Open homepage.
- Ctrl and +, Ctrl+Mousewheel Up – Zoom in.
- Ctrl and -, Ctrl+Mousewheel Down — Zoom out.
- Ctrl+0 – Default zoom level.
- F11 – Full-screen mode.
- Space, Page Down – Scroll down a frame.
- Shift+Space, Page Up – Scroll up a frame.
- Home – Top of page.
- End – Bottom of page.
- Middle Click – Scroll with the mouse. (Windows only)
- Ctrl+L, Alt+D, F6 – Focus the address bar so you can begin typing.
- Ctrl+Enter – Prefix www. and append .com to the text in the address bar, and then load the website. For example, type pyayblogger into the address bar and press Ctrl+Enter to open www.pyayblogger.com.
- Alt+Enter – Open the location in the address bar in a new tab.
- Ctrl+K, Ctrl+E – Focus the browser’s built-in search box or focus the address bar if the browser doesn’t have a dedicated search box. (Ctrl+K doesn’t work in IE, Ctrl+E does.)
- Alt+Enter – Perform a search from the search box in a new tab.
- Ctrl+F, F3 – Open the in-page search box to search on the current page.
- Ctrl+G, F3 – Find the next match of the searched text on the page.
- Ctrl+Shift+G, Shift+F3 – Find the previous match of the searched text on the page.
History & Bookmarks
- Ctrl+H – Open the browsing history.
- Ctrl+J – Open the download hstory.
- Ctrl+D – Bookmark the current website.
- Ctrl+Shift+Del – Open the Clear Browsing History window.
- Other Functions
- Ctrl+P – Print the current page.
- Ctrl+S – Save the current page to your computer.
- Ctrl+O – Open a file from your computer.
- Ctrl+U – Open the current page’s source code. (Not in IE.)
- F12 – Open Developer Tools. (Requires Firebug extension for Firefox.)